Choosing a nursing home is a big decision and one that will likely take some serious research and consideration. Aventura Plaza Rehab and Nursing Center provides one nursing home option for those who live in the Greater Miami area or throughout South Florida. Below, we offer more information about the Aventura Plaza Rehab and Nursing Center, including details about their services, followed by the answers to some frequently asked questions about the facility.
Location and Description
You can find Aventura Plaza in North Miami Beach, close to Jackson North Medical Center and Aventura Hospital. Aventura Plaza Rehab and Nursing Center is among the smaller facilities in the area, with 86 beds for residents.
1800 NE 168TH Street, North Miami Beach, FL 33162
Services Offered at Aventura Plaza Rehab and Nursing Center
Aventura Plaza Rehab and Nursing Center offers a wide range of skilled nursing and rehabilitation services for its residents, including:
- Around-the-clock Skilled Nursing Care providing residents with the assistance they need any time of the day or night.
- Physical Therapy and Speech Therapy to help residents cope and recover from specific injuries and conditions.
- Occupational Therapy to teach residents new ways to do things to get through their daily routine.
- Balance Therapy and Fall Prevention for residents to regain or maintain full mobility without suffering the consequences of an unintended fall.
- Post-stroke and Post-surgical Rehabilitation to provide residents with specialized therapies and care that helps with their recovery.
- Specialized Care for Cardiovascular Issues and Heart Disease consisting of a wide range of personalized therapies and care.
- Rehabilitation for Neuromuscular Disorders to help residents regain, maintain, and strengthen loss of muscle function.
- Orthopedic Care and Wound Care for those who suffered severe injuries and fractures in an accident.
- Advanced Respiratory Care for residents coping with diseases and conditions that impact the lungs, such as emphysema, lung cancer, and respiratory infections.
- Pain Management for residents who suffer from chronic pain due to illness or injury
- IV Therapy to deliver medication and fluids to residents who cannot take them orally
- Specialized Diets for various conditions, such as calorie-restricted diets, soft diets, liquid diets, and more.
- Alternative Therapies, such as Music Therapy, Art Therapy, and Pet Therapy, to help residents cope with emotional trauma and psychological conditions.
- Memory Care for residents who have dementia, Alzheimer's Disease, amnesia, or other permanent or temporary memory-related conditions.
Medical Professionals Available at Aventura Plaza Rehab and Nursing Center
Providing the services listed above means Aventura Plaza needs certain medical professionals onsite or in close proximity to visit residents at the facility. Medical professionals onsite include:
- A physician dedicated to wound care
- A respiratory therapist
- Professionals who specialize in total parenteral nutrition (TPN), including PEG (feeding) tubes
- Professionals who can administer IV therapies
- A dietitian
Residents at Aventura Plaza Rehab and Nursing Center also have access to the following visiting medical professionals:
- Physical Therapist
- Occupational Therapist
- Speech Therapist
- On-call Physician
CMS Facility Ratings
The Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS) collect data about nursing care facilities throughout the United States. They use their data to rate facilities from one to five stars. Although you will find ratings on a wide range of sites for Aventura Plaza, the CMS data and rating should be your starting point to assess the right facility for you or your loved one.
CMS rates Aventura Plaza Rehab and Nursing Center as four-stars, which they consider above average. The rating comes from data in three main areas: health inspections, staffing, and the quality of resident care.
- Health Inspections. CMS gave Aventura Plaza a three-star rating for health inspections, including the current inspection, two prior inspections, three years of complaint inspections, and three years of inspections for infection control. They received three health citations in their last inspection. Two were related to deficiencies in quality of care, and one was related to proper handling of medication. The facility had three complaints in the past three years, with the most recent complaint resulting because a resident developed pressure sores on his heels. The facility had no infection control issues.
- Staffing. Aventura Plaza Rehab and Nursing Center has a five-star staffing rating. They exceed Florida's average number of licensed nursing staff per day per resident; they also exceed the national average.
- Quality of Resident Care. The facility received four stars for its quality of resident care, including five stars for short-term care and three stars for long-term care. More than nine percent of residents suffered pressure sores, which might explain the difference between long-term and short-term quality of care ratings.
Frequently Asked Questions
Does Aventura Plaza Accept Medicare/Medicaid?
Yes. This facility accepts Medicare and Medicaid if private pay is not an option for you. The reason for your stay, your family's financial situation, and your age will determine which program benefits apply to your situation.
Can I Have a Private Room?
No. Aventura Plaza is an 86-bed facility, but all the rooms are shared. Residents have a roommate. However, if you and your spouse are receiving care at the facility, Florida law gives you the right to share a room. You also have the right to request a different roommate if you run into any issues or you and your roommate are not a good fit.
What Type of Amenities Does Aventura Plaza Offer Its Residents?
Aventura Plaza Rehab and Nursing Center offers various amenities and activities for residents, including:
- Onsite barber and beauty shop
- Telephone and cable access in each room
- Family-style dining
- Spanish-speaking staff
- Social services
- Spiritual activities
- Planned recreational activities
Nursing Homes are Expensive. Let Us Help You Plan for the Future
Before you ever sign the contract with a Florida nursing home, you should consult with a Medicaid planning attorney. Even after choosing a nursing home you think your loved one will love, it is still a good idea to have an experienced professional discuss the important financial and legal considerations with you. We know you want your loved ones to receive the best care possible at their new home. We want this too. We also want to ensure that receiving quality care doesn't end up eating away all the family assets. Contact us today to consult with a Medicaid planning attorney. We look forward to working with you and your family.