Claridge House Nursing and Rehabilitation Center is located in North Miami and has a range of services available to residents. As a large facility that offers both short- and long-term services, Claridge House is an option for a wide range of residents looking for safe and professional care.
A closer look at the facility's amenities, medical services, staffing, and reviews can help potential residents and their families decide if Claridge House Nursing and Rehabilitation Center is the right choice when choosing a nursing home in Florida.
Claridge House was founded in 1984 and has been in operation ever since. It is a large facility with 240 beds. The facility is operated under corporate, for-profit ownership and is not part of a continuing care retirement community.
The rooms are designed and decorated to create a home-like feel with bedside phones, flat-screen TVs, and decor in a light and welcoming aesthetic.
The facility offers on-site dining services that can meet a wide variety of dietary restrictions with substitutions available to ensure all residents receive enjoyable food that meets their individual preferences and needs. Other amenities include complimentary laundry service, a well-stocked library that includes games and WiFi access, and a beauty/barber shop for residents to use.
Safety features built into the facility include handrails, heat and smoke detection, an emergency response system, and a wandering prevention system.
Most of the residents of Claridge House are focused on recovery and receive medical services while residing in the facility for either long-term or short-term care. Residents may only spend a few days or weeks in the facility while they recover. Other residents will plan a more long-term stay at Claridge House as they seek out hospice or dementia care. Some of the services offered at Claridge House Nursing and Rehabilitation Center include the following:
- Dementia and Alzheimer's Care Program- This program is designed specifically for residents who have dementia or Alzheimer's and will likely require long-term care.
- Hospice Care- Hospice services focus on palliative care, counseling, pain management, and providing physical and spiritual comfort to residents.
- Respite Care- Respite care is available on a daily basis for at-home caregivers who need a break from their care duties.
- Wound Care- Even patients with severe pressure wounds are welcome to Claridge House, which has a focused wound care program.
- IV Therapy- For patients needing IV therapy as part of their short-term stay recovery, there are trained professionals who can deliver these services.
- Occupational Therapy- Occupational therapists can deliver services for 2-3 hours a day up to six days a week, providing treatment needed to see recovery results.
- Physical Therapy- Physical therapists can work with recovering residents to regain mobility and functionality. Physical therapy is often a part of short-term recovery stays.
- Speech Therapy- Residents needing speech therapy to regain speech abilities can work with licensed and trained professionals delivering these services.
- Respiratory Therapy- Those who need breathing therapies can receive them from medical professionals trained in delivering services that will promote relaxation and recovery.
Staff and Medical Professionals
The facility includes more than 15 internal medical professionals as part of the staff. Patients with an existing relationship to a physician who is not on staff can have their physician apply to receive facility privileges.
The facility works with many professionals providing therapies including occupational therapists, physical therapists, speech therapists, and respiratory therapists. Most patients receive 2 to 2.5 hours of therapy daily for five to six days a week.
Claridge House also employs staff to maintain the facility, provide laundry services, and manage food services.
Nursing and rehabilitation facilities are given a government rating based on a variety of factors. These ratings, maintained on the Medicare website, are calculated through an evaluation of health inspections, staffing, and measures designed to determine the quality of resident care.
Claridge House Nursing and Rehabilitation Center has an overall average rating. It received a below-average rating for health inspections after receiving violations for recordkeeping practices. Staffing levels received an above-average rating, and Claridge House maintains staff-to-resident ratios above the minimum required. Finally, Claridge House received an average rating for the quality of resident care with the long-term care receiving an above-average rating.
This is consistent with the ratings from U.S. News, which gave Claridge House an above-average rating for their long-term care facilities and an average rating for short-term rehabilitation services.
User reviews for Claridge House are similarly mixed with a range of responses from former residents and those who have toured the facility. While some praise the staff, facility, and quality of the food, others note a lack of cleanliness and express dissatisfaction with the menu.
Claridge House Nursing and Rehabilitation Center is located at 13900 N.E. 3rd Court in North Miami, FL 33161.
The facility can be reached by phone at (305) 893-2288 and has a fax number of (305) 899-1391.
Nursing Homes are Expensive. Let Us Help You Plan for the Future
Before you ever sign the contract with a Florida nursing home, you should consult with a Medicaid planning attorney. Even after choosing a nursing home you think your loved one will love, it is still a good idea to have an experienced professional discuss the important financial and legal considerations with you. We know you want your loved ones to receive the best care possible at their new home. We want this too. We also want to ensure that receiving quality care doesn't end up eating away all the family assets. Contact us today to consult with a Medicaid planning attorney. We look forward to working with you and your family.