Heartland Health Care Center
The decision to find a nursing home itself can be daunting—selecting which one is most suitable for you or your loved one is all the more so. One option on Florida's Atlantic coast is Heartland Health Care Center - Prosperity Oaks, specializing in post-op and ailment recovery and with varying terms of stays available to residents. They also are sensitive to the need for financial planning, estate management, and medical coverage strategies particularly suited for one's sunset years.
What Makes Heartland Health Care Center - Prosperity Oaks Unique?
Heartland Health Care Center - Prosperity Oaks is a non-profit corporate facility in Palm Beach Gardens owned by Martin Allen and HCR III Healthcare, LLC. They offer outpatient rehabilitation as well as short- and long-term care, according to each resident's needs.
- 120 beds controlled by Medicare and Medicaid protocols
- A resident and family council for addressing concerns and improving the quality of care
- Regular fire and emergency preparedness inspections
- Cardiac care
- Diabetic care
- Lung care
- Oncology care
- Orthopedic and joint care
- Outpatient therapy
- Stroke and neurological care
- Wound care
11375 Prosperity Farms Rd.
Palm Beach Gardens, FL 33410
Elder Services & Amenities
One of the goals of Heartland Health Care Center - Prosperity Oaks is to rehabilitate elders to optimal function so that they require lower levels of care and can return home; but it's also oriented at being a nice place for residents to enjoy themselves, especially those receiving long-term care who make Prosperity Oaks their home.
There are several amenities that come standard for guests of Heartland Health Care Center - Prosperity Oaks, including:
- TVs, media, and access to the internet
- Lounge rooms and recreational areas
- Phones for guests and residents
- Laundry & housekeeping services
- Full-service dining choices
Being oriented towards recovery, the kitchen staff prepare meals according to nutrition and cater to unique dietary needs, such as reduced-fat, low-calorie, high-fiber, and low-sodium meals. There are also substitute meals and snacking options.
There are full- and semi-private rooms, and availability may depend on your loved one's condition. Prosperity Oaks invites those considering their services to contact the admissions team to find out the options available according to an individual’s medical needs and the expected length of stay.
Heartland Health Care Center - Prosperity Oaks values more than just the physical aspects of recovery. That's why they provide arts and recreation to keep everyone's mind and hands active. They schedule some activities on a weekly or daily schedule, while some are more consistently available. Some of the more common weekly activities are:
- Group outings
- Horticulture and gardening
- Religious and cultural events
- Arts and crafts
- Social hours
- Current event discussions
- Group leisure activities
Caregiving & Staffing
The team at Prosperity Oaks has licensed nurses and rehabilitation specialists as well as memory care specialists. As a part of the ProMedica family of service providers, they have an integrated health network of hospitals, doctors, and health insurance accommodations for their patients. Heartland Health Care Center staff can also provide home health care in addition to the caregiving done onsite at their 120-bed Prosperity Oaks facility.
This is especially important for those needing to reduce health care costs for medical services such as:
- Prescription assistance
- More costly medical services
- Home health care
Elder Care Services
There are three main areas of focus for the Prosperity Oaks healthcare specialists:
- Short-term care: With a focus on an inpatient's specific lifestyle and unique condition, the ProMedica network ensures the patient is paired with the medical professional best-suited for them. The specialists work closely and personally with the patient to help them return to the sunny Florida lifestyle that brings them joy while having their temporary living space needs accommodated by the in-house Prosperity Oaks team.
- Long-term care: For long-term residential services, the same ProMedica specialists offer the daily assistance needed for those needing a bit more attention—and all the more dignity—as they enjoy the peace they deserve. Prosperity Oaks states that its aim is to "provide gracious daily living and personal care in a homelike environment."
- Outpatient rehabilitation: For those feeling almost fully independent but needing to touch in with supplemental rehabilitation services, Prosperity Oaks draws on the same vast network of Southeast Florida healthcare services for less frequent physical therapy needs. After discharge, outpatients can receive continuity of care with the therapists with whom they've established a relationship and maintain connections with their friends who are still living in the facility.
Government Rating of Heartland Health Care Center - Prosperity Oaks
As of January 2022, Medicare.gov's review of Heartland Health Care Center - Prosperity Oaks reflects an overall 4 out of 5-star rating, broken down as follows:
- Health inspections: Average (3 / 5)
- Quality measures, overall: Above average (4 / 5)
- Short-term care quality: Much above average (5 / 5)
- Long-term care quality: Above average (4 / 5)
- Staffing, overall: Much above average (5 / 5)
- Registered nurse staffing: Much above average (5 / 5)
The health inspections score looks at not only regular health inspections but also infection control inspections and inspections that occur following complaints.
The quality measures score is a bit more complex, taking into account several aspects of patient care including emergency room visits, rehospitalization, flu shot history, pain level, mobility, and more. Short-term patients are those who stay 100 days or less in the facility, while long-term patients are those who stay over 100 days.
The staffing score analyzes the staff to resident ratio. A nursing home will have a higher score if they have high numbers of nursing staff hours (registered nurses, licensed practical nurses, and nurse’s aides) and low staff turnover compared to the number of patients in residence.
Of course, it's important to review the facility yourself, seek second opinions, and make certain that you agree with the assessment of the facility. Look into verified reviews as well as previous fines or other regulatory issues, especially for recent incidents.
Nursing Homes are Expensive—Let Us Help You Plan for the Future
Before you ever sign the contract with a Florida nursing home, you should consult with an elder law attorney. Even after choosing a nursing home that you think your loved one will love, it is still a good idea to have an experienced professional discuss the important financial and legal considerations with you. We know you want your loved ones to receive the best care possible at their new home. We want this too. We also want to ensure that receiving quality care doesn't end up eating away all the family assets. Contact us today to consult with a Medicaid planning attorney. We look forward to working with you and your family.
Frequently Asked Questions
What do elderly people need to look for from a rehab center?
Since movement—no matter at what level—is crucial to improving health, it's important to find a clinic that offers many options so that enjoyable physical activities are always available. Even for the most bed-bound patients, you'll want to make sure that the staff takes the need to move, even with assistance, quite seriously. Seek a nursing facility that has a higher than average amount of fun and engaging activities.
How long will I need to stay?
It varies widely. Above all, be clear about your goals and have the staff be on the same page. Remember that for post-op and ailment recovery, the medical professional is going to want to evaluate your progress and be able to adjust their treatment accordingly. Ensure financial pressures are a distant second (or even third) in priorities when compared to health outcomes, which must be primary.
How do I request a tour?
To request a tour, Heartland Health Care Center - Prosperity Oaks invites people to contact them to schedule a visit and discover if the facility would be a good fit for you or your loved one. If you'd like to ask them questions or request a tour, they can be reached at (561) 626-9702 or by filling out the contact form on their website.